Five Minute Free Write Day 11: Thanks

This is a picture of my Hannah, Wyatt and Makaela taken on Thanksgiving 2012. As a family, we have raised our children to be grateful in all things, the good and the bad. Not just at Thanksgiving time, but all year long. Little did we know what a huge part the word "Thanks" would have in our life.

I have so very many people to thank that have walked along this journey with me over the last 12 years. Some are close family and friends and some are strangers that I might meet while in hospital or out in our day to day life. Our friends, have overwhelmed us with love, help, and anything we might need over the past 12 years. They have provided meals. Christmas, fundraisers, birthday parties, babysitting, rides, entertainment during long recoveries, Prayers and SO much love.

For every loss and devastating setback we encounter, an army of people that come along to pick us up, dust us off and help us move on. There is gratitude and beauty in our story. A quiet and sweet spirit of giving that has surrounded us with love and support. I am truly Thankful.

Although the biggest Thanks go to my family. My Stephen and my precious children that were only 11, 9, 7, 5, 3, 2 and newborn when I become paralyzed. They have lost SO much over the years. They have selflessly given up SO much yet never complain. They have put their lives on hold many times to rally around me and keep things going. Our life would look very different if things had changed that day. Thank You and I love you.

Comments

  1. Emily, what a testimony of your faith to have such joy in your family and who your kids are. I'm intrigued by your journey. The fact that you recognize what they have lost too speaks volumes. Your post is beautiful. Thank you for joining the challenge and sharing your story with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, thank you for your beautiful comment. It means the world to me. Sharing our story is not easy, but I feel it is good for all of us. I am so happy to be a part of this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

31 Day Challenge Day 4: My Son Spencer

Five Minute Friday: Stuck