5 Minute Free Write Day 4: Brew

The number 3 definition listed for the word brew is: "a mixture of events, people or things that interact to form a more potent whole." When I looked in the thesaurus, the word "hodgepodge" was listed. As I prepared to write today, this word "brew" challenged me, so when I looked it up and found these meanings, I was surprised. These are my exact feelings when it comes to my family. We are definitely a potent brew:). As individuals, we are all very strong and independent and our individual personalities alone are quite the brew. However, together, we are potent, strong, intense. We compliment one another, we make each other stronger.
 We are a hodgepodge of so many thoughts, feelings, likes and dislikes. Every family is I suppose, but our shared experiences, which if you know me, are things that most families will never experience in one lifetime. We have been through it, that is for sure. Even if I do not include our journey through my paralysis, we have had some wild times and struggles to overcome. Yet instead of creating a bitter brew, we only deepen in flavor. Chefs talk about "layering" flavors. Our family and our experiences are very layered indeed. They have shaped who we are and have created the beautiful hodgepodge that defines us as a family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

31 Day Challenge Day 4: My Son Spencer

Five Minute Friday: Stuck