Wal Mart Bags And Wubbi

I am dedicating this post to My Wyatt who let me share this story. I am Blessed beyond measure that my kiddos encourage me to share ALL our stories. I knew that starting to share some of my writings on this blog would include some things about our life that they might not be comfortable with sharing. They are not "littles", they have friends that read these words. As I talked to them about sharing these moments, they have always told me that they trusted me to share in a way that is fine with them. I know to them this was just another one of "mom's talks", but to me it meant the world to me that they want to share our stories, our testimony, our Faith.

I made a quilt(or Wubbie, as Stephen calls them) for each of our babies when I was pregnant with them. Out of all our kiddos, Wyatt was the only one that carried his Wubbie everywhere. Maybe it was being number 6, and I was more relaxed and let him, I am not sure why. But anyway, where Wyatt goes, Wubbie goes. I have repaired Wubbie many times over the last 11 years and he is still a constant in Wyatt's life. Wubbie has become a part of the family.:). We have had a few "scares" over the years and almost lost Wubbie. Wubbie has been to many states, to La Paz and almost left at a very sketchy hotel in Mulege, Baja California. Wubbie waited on the boat while Wyatt snorkeled with sea lions and was there to take a nap after many swims in the Sea of Cortez. Wubbie has been on the boat to many lakes all over the Southwest and to the sand dunes in CA and Texas. I think we all love Wubbie as much as we love Marley our dog and our pig Roooter.:)

As Wyatt has gotten older, he has become aware that Wubbie is something that stays in the car or sometime even mam's purse. But he still like him close. I find this so sweet. As my kiddos get older, hanging on to those "little kid" things becomes more dear to me. So recently when Makaela was having a friend visit with us for a week, Wyatt was concerned about how he would handle "wubbie" while we had a guest. We are in pretty close quarters here, so there is not as much privacy. Wyatt and I had talked about "wubbie" and that he may have to just leave him in his sleeping bag or with me while Makaela's friend was with us.

After we talked, I did not think much more about the conversation until the first morning that Makaelas's friend was visiting. Wyatt is my morning buddy. He gets up the earliest and is usually alone with me in the mornings. I write and he snuggles Marley, with Wubbie of course. So when Wyatt came out in the morning, he was carrying a Wal Mart re-usable grocery bag that looked full of stuff. It is not unusual for Wyatt to greet me in the morning with some big project he is working on or an activity that he wants to do. So I asked him what he had in the bag for us that morning. It was not a project, it was Wubbie! He sat down on the couch, grabbed Marley for a snuggle and out of the Wal Mart bag came the corner of Wubbie. So all week, the Wal Mart bag was with us. Wyatt knew he needed wubbie, and had to find a way that it would "work" for him with a friend visiting.

If there is one thing my kiddos have learned over the last 9 years is how to adapt in all kinds of crazy situations. They are all very flexible and just go with the flow of whatever is going on in our crazy house at any given time. I was so happy to see Wyatt work this out. He knew he needed something, and he found a way to make it work. If that is a skill he learn from all this madness, than that is a good thing. When you go through dark days, you need any bright spot to let you know that all of this is not just damaging the kids. That there are some positives. For me, the Wal Mart bag with a wubbie inside it, was a good thing.
E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

31 Day Challenge Day 4: My Son Spencer

Five Minute Friday: Stuck