Phoebe's Prayers

We have visited a few Churches since we have been in Austin. We have had fun visiting the different Churches in the area to try and find the right fit for our family. While we have not settled on a "home" Church yet, we have found a local Church that we really like. The kids have been attending youth group each Wednesday night and really seem to like it.

When I picked the kids up from youth group this past Wednesday night, Phoebe handed me a crumpled up piece of paper as she got in the van. We were in a bit of a rush and so I just dropped it into my purse not even looking at it. As we drove away, I asked her if she needed the paper or was it just trash. She answered that it was something to throw out, but she did not get a chance to throw it away at youth group, so she just handed it to me. I did not think anything more about it.......until today.

As I was cleaning out my purse, I found that piece of paper. I almost threw it away, remembering that Phoebe had said it was trash. I wish I could post it as a picture, but it is just not turning out right. The youth leader asked the children to write down 4 Prayer requests, put them in the basket and then the small group leader would read the Prayers out loud while everyone Prayed for all the requests.

These were Phoebe's Prayers: My mom will walk again, My Mom stops worrying so much, My mom having surgery again, My mom

As I sat and stared at that paper, I felt so defeated, so done, so sad. I have seen versions of these Prayers for almost 10 years. I have watched my children write these Prayers in pictures(before they could write), in messy, block letters, in shaky cursive and now finally in neat, adult looking cursive. I have posted pictures of these Prayers on Facebook and Instagram. I have saved these papers in baby books and photo albums. Almost 10 years of Praying.....I know it sounds awful, but I wanted to rip that paper up, then go find every other "Prayer" paper that I had saved over these last, almost 10 years and rip them up too! Like I said, I was done.

I went to find Phoebe and ask her if she wanted me to save the paper for her. She told me no. Phoebe went on to say that she had written the Prayers and stuffed them in her pocket to throw away. When I asked her why she did not put them in the basket, she did not answer me.

I know the answer.....she's done too

E


I

Comments

  1. My heart breaks for you all. We will continue praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen:). I know that you totally "get" those mom Prayers and what they do to our hearts:). my Prayers are with you too:).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

31 Day Challenge Day 4: My Son Spencer

Five Minute Friday: Stuck