31 Days Of Five Minute Free Writes: Here We Go! Worship




WORSHIP
I did not worship at all following my injury. I remember a period of bargaining and pleading in the early weeks. A mindless plea to nothingness that somehow gave me a much needed peace. However, once it became apparent that my condition was permanent, God was dead to me. He was dead in my heart and He was dead in my home. I could not begin to comprehend a God that would give me 7 beautiful children and then take away my ability to care for them. What?! I had weathered more tragedy than I cared to remember. I heard all the " Don't be a fair weather" Christian sermons, I was well versed in it all. I dutifully Prayed through the death of my infant son, I lit candles for my mother and her endless addictions and I accepted that it was God's will that our home burn to the ground New Years Eve 1999. Through it all I never waivered. Faith was the only thing that got me through the dark days. But paralysis? This was too much. God, or whatever was out there had asked too high a price. My Faith was gone, my heart grew cold and
 It was over and I was very lost.

Comments

  1. I am sorry for what you have been through, and it was obviously devastating. We certainly don't always understand God's plan for us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

31 Day Challenge Day 4: My Son Spencer

Five Minute Friday: Stuck